How does the Keto Diet work? Here are some helpful insights!
“Obesity is a disease. It makes everything taste good except salad.” – Anonymous
If you have been thinking to achieve some instant changes in your body by losing weight and getting your body into shape, then you are at the perfect place, keep reading on. With every passing day, there is a constant increase in people suffering from depression and anxiety, which have a direct connection with obesity. Obese individuals face a lot of problems, and they are a constant victim of body-shaming. They say that desperate times require desperate measures, one of the best and most effective measures to overcome obesity is following a Keto Diet Plan.
What is it?
It is a low-carb diet that will help people to lose weight and get their body in shape, which they have always dreamt of. Over 20 studies prove that a Ketogenic Diet can have unbelievable effects. In short, it is a diet plan that emphasizes the consumption of healthy fats, an ample amount of proteins, and only a few carbohydrates.
How does it work?
It requires you to reduce the consumption of carbohydrates massively. This reduction will put your body in a metabolic state known as ketosis. After achieving the state of ketosis, your body will now be quite efficient at burning fat for energy. The fats in your liver will turn into ketones, which have many health benefits. Ketogenic diets can produce extensive reductions in blood, sugar and insulin levels.
Benefits of following a Keto Diet plan:
So, other than weight loss, following a ketogenic diet can have other benefits too. Some of them are as follows:
- According to a study conducted in 2012, the decrease in the consumption of carbs could result in a decrease in acne for some people.
- Researchers have found out that in some cases, ketogenic diets help to prevent or treat certain cancers.
- Another study in 2017 reveals that certain people experienced a notable decrease in levels of total cholesterol, and improved cardiovascular health.
- Ketones produced have neuroprotective benefits, and that means they can protect and strengthen your nerve cells.
- Rich-carbohydrate diets can cause hormonal disorders such as Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)however, a balanced Keto Diet plan can help you to prevent that and maintain a balance.
Where there are a lot of benefits associated with the Keto Diet, certain drawbacks are also there. Some of them are:
- Some people may face a condition known as The Keto flu, aka carb withdrawal. This state doesn’t last long but the discomfort caused by it can be a bit vexatious.
- In some cases, you may get body cramps by following this diet plan.
- You can experience vitamin and mineral deficiency as well.
So, a ketogenic diet is an ideal option for individuals who are obese, diabetic or facing issues with their metabolic health. However, the only key to success is consistency. The diet plan will only be effective when you stick to it for a long time. So, be consistent folks, and you will see great results in no time.